I started this venture in 2008 as an avenue to talk about a wide variety of topics, but primarily as a SCUBA blog under the name "Musings from the Deep Blue Sea". It's evolved. My renewed interest in health, fitness, and nutrition (at the age of 43) has brought me to where I am today, and this site reflects that. Having said that, my original mission statement hasn't changed...

Our lives are important only because of the impact they have on the lives of others. Making a difference is important. This blog isn't written for you, it's written for me. My way of reviewing my life, and its significance...Of course, given my wide range of interests in life, there will be much variety. Welcome to my life.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Coming Soon

I'm working on a new SCUBA software package.

This one will be targeting mobile phones. Windows Mobile smartphones will be the first target platform. Once that version is finalized, I'll work on porting it to other platforms.

Blackberry and iPhone are the most likely candidates for the next phase. Once those are done, I'll move on to other platforms as I get requests (if I get requests).

Basically, this is the next generation of Plan 'D', which is featured in one of my previous posts. Plan D is a desktop app, which is nice, but useless when you're on the dive boat...

This new package will include the dive planner as well as information for Rescue Divers. It's intended to be an aid to a rescue diver in evaluating dive accident victims. It will allow the Rescue Diver to enter information about an incident and forward information to a hospital or EMT via SMS text or email.

As of now, it's nameless. A Beta version is almost complete. Once it's ready, I'll be distributing it to select divers for evaluation. Remember, it will be for Windows Mobile phones only.

once a finished version is ready, I'll post here with info about where to get it. I'm going to try to keep it free, but some phone companies charge to publish software for their platforms. If i have to pay for that, I'll be forced to charge a small fee for the software.

Stay tuned, I'll keep you updated.

No comments: