I started this venture in 2008 as an avenue to talk about a wide variety of topics, but primarily as a SCUBA blog under the name "Musings from the Deep Blue Sea". It's evolved. My renewed interest in health, fitness, and nutrition (at the age of 43) has brought me to where I am today, and this site reflects that. Having said that, my original mission statement hasn't changed...

Our lives are important only because of the impact they have on the lives of others. Making a difference is important. This blog isn't written for you, it's written for me. My way of reviewing my life, and its significance...Of course, given my wide range of interests in life, there will be much variety. Welcome to my life.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Dive Planning Software


I've created a Dive Plan Software package called Plan 'D'. The software is 100% free. It's hosted on Download.com and certified spyware free...

This project grew out of my frustration with other dive planners out there. I wanted something simple, that allowed me to quickly enter a dive profile.

It utilizes dive table look-ups rather than using more sophisticated algorithms. It's very simple to use, and let's you know if you're violating any rules in the creation of your plan.

it is intended for sport diving only. No decompression info, just the basics. Future iterations may be more sophisticated...We'll see how inspired I feel.

Sadly, I've been hoping for feedback from users, but I've gotten none. It's been downloaded over 200 times on Download, along with another hundred or so from various international download sites...and not a word from anyone.

Check it out and let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is what I'm after. Of course, an attaboy or two wouldn't hurt either!

No comments: