I started this venture in 2008 as an avenue to talk about a wide variety of topics, but primarily as a SCUBA blog under the name "Musings from the Deep Blue Sea". It's evolved. My renewed interest in health, fitness, and nutrition (at the age of 43) has brought me to where I am today, and this site reflects that. Having said that, my original mission statement hasn't changed...

Our lives are important only because of the impact they have on the lives of others. Making a difference is important. This blog isn't written for you, it's written for me. My way of reviewing my life, and its significance...Of course, given my wide range of interests in life, there will be much variety. Welcome to my life.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Welcome to the New Blog

After screwing around with the layouts and settings for quite a while, I think I've finally nailed down the look and feel I like.

I hope to post here regularly. Hopefully there will be a fair amount on SCUBA. If there is, it means I'm diving a lot!

Of course, there will be so much more than SCUBA. I have lots of interests. Lots of opinions too, I guess. A good place for me to introduce myself, I guess.

I'm Sean. Scuba Sean. I work as a Software Engineering Manager for a small technology development company in Connecticut. Actually, I work for multiple small tech development companies. It's been an insane year, work-wise.

In February, I thought I was going to be out of work. At the last minute, a new contract came through, and I stayed employed. Then things got interesting.

Things went well with the new contract. The customer was happy with my work. What was supposed to be a short-term project became a long-term project. New contract talks have matured with other customers. the work is flowing in, and things are looking up. Big Time!

Bottom line...as i stands now, I'm a minority shareholder in a small, privately held tech company with tons of potential. I'm also in the process of becoming a minority shareholder in another small, tech company. Work is lining up to keep me gainfully employed for a considerable period of time.

Yet somehow, I'm still dirt poor...

No comments: