I started this venture in 2008 as an avenue to talk about a wide variety of topics, but primarily as a SCUBA blog under the name "Musings from the Deep Blue Sea". It's evolved. My renewed interest in health, fitness, and nutrition (at the age of 43) has brought me to where I am today, and this site reflects that. Having said that, my original mission statement hasn't changed...

Our lives are important only because of the impact they have on the lives of others. Making a difference is important. This blog isn't written for you, it's written for me. My way of reviewing my life, and its significance...Of course, given my wide range of interests in life, there will be much variety. Welcome to my life.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Greatest Name in Politics

You can't make this stuff up...This year saw a candidate for Congress in California named Theodore Terbolizard. I'm not kidding. Check out his campaign website here.

I swear to God, I was tempted to move to Cali just so I could vote for him. OK, maybe not. Remarkably, there's only one degree of separation between Mr. Terbolizard and me. One of my previous entries talked about a friend's experience in politics. This guy is one of his associates.

I know, I know, it seems like political suicide to associate with people named Terbolizard (or Terbo Ted, as he calls himself). It probably is...Then again, associating with the Ron Paul 'R3volution' was likely political suicide anyway.

The final chapter hasn't been written on my friend's campaign yet. He actually has what I would consider solid political opinions, and comes across quite well when speaking publicly. He does, however, need to work on his associations.

But back to Terbolizard. He seemed to be quite serious about his run for office, though it would be a stretch to call him a serious candidate. He managed to get arrested for DUI during his campaign. To call him eccentric would be an understatement.

In the end, he got a little over 2% of the vote. That frightens me. That's an awful lot of people with a serious lack of judgement.

Or maybe they just liked the name.

No comments: