I started this venture in 2008 as an avenue to talk about a wide variety of topics, but primarily as a SCUBA blog under the name "Musings from the Deep Blue Sea". It's evolved. My renewed interest in health, fitness, and nutrition (at the age of 43) has brought me to where I am today, and this site reflects that. Having said that, my original mission statement hasn't changed...

Our lives are important only because of the impact they have on the lives of others. Making a difference is important. This blog isn't written for you, it's written for me. My way of reviewing my life, and its significance...Of course, given my wide range of interests in life, there will be much variety. Welcome to my life.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Shoulder workout + Cardio

As part of my routine, I intend to update my workout progress on a daily basis. We'll start today, with a fairly typical Friday shoulder routine. Keep in mind that I do a short ab workout (crunches) every morning...

Shrugs: 1 warm-up set of 12
3 sets of 8
Reverse Machine Flyes: 3 sets of 8
Lateral Raises: 2 sets of 6
1 set to failure
Front Raises: 3 sets of 6
Shoulder Press: 3 sets of 6

Elliptical: 20 minutes

I won't be posting the amount of weight I'm lifting. I don't want to set any expectations of people. Just remember, the weight you choose for each exercise should be difficult to lift for the last reps of your final sets.


SS




No comments: